Will we see new uniforms in the fall by Coach PP.

A forum for those interested in UConn Huskies Football.
Nightstalker 1

Will we see new uniforms in the fall by Coach PP.

Postby Nightstalker 1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:06 pm

I was just wondering if we may see new uniforms this year as maybe coach PP would want to get away from Nike, and go with Under Armor as a new sponsor for the team. They do make great stuff, and I almost want to believe that Coach PP wants to get everything Edsall out of UConn and start this year fresh and a clean break under this new caoch and his staff. I's like to see the Bolck C taken off of the helmets, and replaced with either the Huskey Logo or UConn in the sides, as most Div-1 schools go with that format. What does anyone think about UConn maybe going with a white helmet with blue center stripe, and a blue logo of some sort on the sides, as if he keeps with the solid colors it would be different, and I would hope that coach PP will change the look of road uniforms as it is way to much to have all blue from top to bottom White jerseys and Blue bottoms, or vise versa, something different, the all white or all blue needs to be changed. Here's one more thing, do anyof you think that coach may go finally with players name on the back of the jersey.

What do all of you guy's think. please pass along your thoughts. I just happen to think that coach PP wants to start out with his brand clearly set forth this year. It will be interesting to see if he goes this route, or if he'll stay pat with what we have .

BigEastCT

Re: Will we see new uniforms in the fall by Coach PP.

Postby BigEastCT » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:51 pm

I like Nike..but have you ever notice the women B-Ball, Mens B-Ball, baseball, Football and all have their seperate logos. Not to mention we have a huskies/dog logo they use on TV games.

I think the school should pick out one logo and Stick with it. rutgers has the Block R on the Basketball court and Football helmets, agian one logo.

I

sargoniv

Postby sargoniv » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:04 pm

I definitely think the names should go on the jersey. Why not? It makes for instant identification and a sort of bonding with the players. They should pick out the Husky logo and all go with it. I don't care about the colors.

HuskiesFanAlways

Postby HuskiesFanAlways » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:31 pm

I agree with Sargoniv here....I love the idea of names on uniforms...only us diehards can remember player numbers in a pinch, and at times, I get a bit confused (actually, I get confused a lot, but that's just me.)

Names do give a player a bond with the fans...and it doesn't bring any negatives that I can see. As far as uniforms, I'd love to see something with a bit more pizazz....we don't need to go the Oregon Ducks route and have all kind of crazy fur patterns and psychedelic checkers and stripes, but definitely the Husky should be incorporated. In a certain sense, college football truly is a business....there's a business of team branding, and it would help others outside of the Connecticut world see the Huskies as a brand, not just a team from a small state. Besides, it would give me a good reason to buy some new jerseys, jackets and hats!

HuskiesFanAlways

Postby HuskiesFanAlways » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:09 pm

I'd like to see a Huskies Logo like this mockup (but maybe in solid blue with white logo):

http://www.listedbypete.com/HELMETSMALL.png

Just a thought
Last edited by HuskiesFanAlways on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightstalker 1

Postby Nightstalker 1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:10 pm

I agree with the school using a Brand Identifacation in the uniforms, as it would give the school more Identity, and would hopefully span out more across the country. Plus the school needs to expand there advertising, and what better way to do that. If you make a product that apeals to the youth and kids, and it's got a great look to it, they will spend the money on it. The Huskie dog on the helmets would look real nice, and the names would also be a great add on. One more Item I left out was the Rewards Stickers on the helmets. I saw a ***** story done on ESPN this past fall, and you would be surprised to find that the schools that do this, they feel it makes the kids work harder, and gives them something to ***** for during the season with practices, and games. They said that the kids work hard for the chance to have a sticker to show that they are working hard for the success of the team as a whole. I think this would be something that maybe coach PP would consider. It was a very well told story , and most coaches across the country do this for there players, and if the player does not give a good week of practice or did somethimg negitive in the game, the coach has the right to remove a sticker or stickers, as the kids want to have those to show that there working hard. What say all of you Huskie faithfuls. the stickers have a very sugnifficant value to the players.

husky66

Postby husky66 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:58 pm

don't see UConn signing up w/ underarmour given the whole MD connection thing. I do like the current uni's, simple, and while names would be nice, I'm partial to the Penn State look and idea; no names, one team.

I do lke the Block "C" and hope that they would keep it and push it for all sports. You have no problem knowing who the blue Block "M" represents. Or for that matter, the big red "R." In fact, I wish they'd start selling big blue Block C's so I could put one on my car. I see too many of the red "R's" now.

weyuo

Postby weyuo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:54 pm

I was under the impression that the athletic director was in charge of hiring the company to make the uniforms and if I'm not mistaken there is a contract involved that may have them in a multi year deal with Nike. Also, the Big East may have some say in the matter. Also, Nike may have a contract for all of the uniforms..not just football. I'm sure Coach P has input as to what the uniforms look like but I doubt he has final say as far as who makes them.

Personally, I'd like to see something a little different from what we have seen lately. I like the idea of the dark blue helmet with the Husky logo on the sides, or dark blue helmets and as players achieve things such as touchdowns, sacks, interceptions, field goals place small husky logo stickers on the helmet. Like what Ohio St does. names on the uniforms is a good idea for the fans in CT. This Div 1 thing is a new experience around here so the fans need every advantage they can get to follow the game and rally behind their favorite players. The Oregon uniform thing is pretty extreme for stuffy New Englanders but I liked the stuff Pitt and WVU came up with in their last Back Yard Brawl. Maybe a little too much for UConn but something a little more aggressive might be a nice change of pace.

Those decisions are best left up to the school and most importantly the team because after all they are the ones that have to wear the stuff.

Return to “UConn Huskies Football”