UConn-Fordham Won't Be Played On Thursday Night

A forum for those interested in UConn Huskies Football.
huskies1

UConn-Fordham Won't Be Played On Thursday Night

Postby huskies1 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:34 pm

UConn and Fordham will not play Thursday night, The Courant has learned. Rentschler Field is being used as a commodities distribution center for towns that need supplies in the wake of Hurricane Irene. The was no word when the season opener would be played but an announcement is expected today from UConn.

HuskiesFanAlways

Re: UConn-Fordham Won't Be Played On Thursday Night

Postby HuskiesFanAlways » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:13 am

Argh! Supposedly on Saturday, and of course, I'm working Saturday!

Hi to all you Huskies fans.....let's this board active again. Really looking forward to the season...I think there are some really good things coming from the Dawgs this year, and excited to see them. Some of the things I'm looking for...

New defensive schemes....I think the "bend but don't break" may be coming to something of an end. Better man on man.

Nick Williams....what can't he do?

QB....Would love to see McEntee as there's nothing better than a walk-on getting his props, especially with his crazy accuracy. Nebrich might be fun to watch with the hype that he had coming in to the program. Wish we knew a bit more, but we'll see how it plays out.

Tailback....hmmm....after Brown and Todman, those are some big shoes. Would love to see Shoemate prove himself this year.

FG's.....Teggart still have that touch?

Coaching....After last year's coach-search craziness, seems people are settling into HCPP and I'm glad to see it. Players seem to be on board with him, and it will be nice to see anything but that "squat and stare across the field and ignore the players coming off the turf" thing. Hopefully his on-field performance is as good as his initial recruiting success.

Respect....I almost savor the lack of respect for the Huskies....pick 'em last for all I care....the season will show, once again, that the pundits have no clue. As of lack of respect for the BE, nothing we can do there except get another ***** at a good bowl game and prove that one on the field.

25,000 season tickets sold so far....hopefully we can fill up the rest of the seats with fans who will come in before game time and stay until the end.

Go Huskies!

Pete

Return to “UConn Huskies Football”